Monday, May 15, 2006

A Note on Roy Rogers

Touchdown is known to start singing random songs for absolutely no reason, but today the random song was "Don't Fence Me In", which was written by Cole Porter and sung by Roy Rogers, Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters, and even Harry Connick, Jr. most recently. I don't know why I wanted to find all of that out, but when Touchdown demanded to hear it again, I was forced to Google it and that's what I found out.

Anyway, I was impressed that she found a song that so totally represents her entire theory of life. The Wizard would be impressed that little Touchdown discovered her life's theme so early. Oh, by the way, the Wizard and his lovely wife dismantled the Wife and I in Canasta for Mother's Day. The Wife was on Zyrtec so I doubt that we will count it as an official game, but the Wizard will harp on me if I don't mention it here so I will.

As for other catching up, the book about Grandma Lila has been sent to the printer and we should have a copy of it here this week. It was a ton of fun to do, but exhausting at the same time. I should have a link to it here imminently.

Lastly, happy late Mother's Day to all of you fine mothers out there. We are lucky to have you all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Masta of Canasta, what a nice title. Tom, when you were born, I took you and your mom to the hospital in Whittier California. During the 8 hours of labor, your mother told me if I ever got her pregnant again she would kill me. It is so interesting that after your birth, she thought you to be the most perfect baby. I think it is so neat that Mothers forget the intense pain so quickly and will look forward to have another baby so soon after this experience. My Mother has been dead for nearly 40 years and I can remember so many things about her. I wish my family would have known her. They would understand by competitive spirit a little better. Grandpa Jones.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that too. Not so appropriate though.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I need a theme song.

Did you watch Ally McBeal when it was on TV? Man, I loved that show. When Ally went to see her therapist (played by Tracy Ullman -- classic!!), one of her assignments was to choose her theme song.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King, when you get people checking your blog on a regular basis and then you don't make any new entries, you start to lose readership. I know that you have been extremely busy, but don't forget those of us that look to your blog and others to spice up our day and we have the opportunity to let out some of our pent up emotions.........

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Now Grandpa, you have pent up emotions?.... I always thought of you as easy going and right on target.

Tom, Good luck with the book. I like Touchdowns song....I wonder if she will really be that hard to handle.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home