Thursday, May 18, 2006

A List of Things To Do Before My Vacation

The Wife and I got a crazy deal to go to Washington, D.C. flying out from Las Vegas: $123 per person/round trip. Now, of course, the flight is a midnight red-eye, but for $123 each I'd sit on the wing if I had to. What this all means is that the Wife and I are busy for the next ten days. Here is a list of things I have yet to do.

1. Spray the yard for weeds.
2. Find the suitcases that have been in storage for ages.
3. Buy lots of Nyquil for the little ones for the flight.
4. Convince the Teenager to pack lightly.
5. Convince the Wife to pack lighter than the Teenager.
6. Figure out how to carry two sleeping kids and two carseats on to the plane.
7. Beat the Wizard at Canasta (Sunday night?)
8. Find the paperwork for our hotel, car rental, and White House tour.
9. Buy lots of Tylenol for the headaches this is all sure to cause.
10. Mow the lawn. (Hey, honey, leave the computer alone!)

Wizard, I won't even need you to watch the kids while we are gone. Just relax and enjoy. Your eldest daughter is hosting so you will get the whole story, I'm sure.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like all of you to understand, when the King goes on vacation, it goes something like this. His children are 1 year, 3 years, and 15 years old. The king will have them all trying to understand how the Constitution was formed and the names of the men that were involved. He will expect them all to know the Gettysburg Address and what the significance it has in the world. He will make them identify the different levels of government, he will have them know the Senators from Utah. I hope you get my point. In all of this, I hope he takes them swimming, and to chucky cheeze. The tylenol is not for the flight, it is for the pain that the King will be if they don't know all of the pertinent facts that float around in his head.......Love ya, and will miss you

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We lived in the DC area about 5 years ago. I love it there! So much to do, and so much of it is free!! I've done a lot of flying with kids, so incase you didn't know, you don't have to check the stroller with the other luggage. You can use it in the airport and get a special tag at the gate and they will put it below the plane and then bring it to the gate when you get off so it's right there waiting for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Flying with kids can be interesting. Good Luck! Have fun, take lots of pictures, tell us all about it. Don't try to cram too much down there brains, just have fun....

7:24 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Wow. Have fun & good luck flying with the 2 little ones. We've yet to board a plane with our tot. DC is awesome... have fun! Lots of carrot sticks!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

What day are you leaving? My suggestion is to get one of those portable DVD players for the plane. They come with batteries and should keep a charge long enough to entertain. I wish you luck on the car seat thing, I don't wish that on any parent. Have a great time!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home