Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Note on British Bulldog

I am not entirely sure that I haven't already posted this somewhere already, but I must tell you all about it sheerly because it is a curious subject that I think most of us are aware of but rarely discuss as adults.

Girls have cooties. It is a known fact. All of the men (boys) that occasionally read this blog have been taught since they were young enough to comprehend the cootiness of women that women (girls) have cooties. If we somehow were to touch one, we, too, could get cooties.

Now, I have been told by various females that they, too, believed that boys had cooties as well. I am not convinced of this phenomenon, although as a youngster I often felt itchy. Perhaps they were the cooties.

Anyway, as a kid I liked one girl in particular that I don't think had cooties. Her name was Paula Lloyd. She was super-fast. She could run like the wind. She moved away in the second or third grade and then all the girls had cooties except one. Jamie Loveland was the queen of British Bulldog and if we said she had cooties, she would smash us. Jamie and I were never boyfriend/girlfriend, but we were always the last two kids left when the school would play British Bulldog.

I remember few things about my life as a grade school tyke, but if I could go back and relive a few precious moments it would be the glory of British Bulldog with Jamie Loveland.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

King, you need to get out in the world more. Maybe it is me, but I don't have any idea what you are talking about when you say she is the British Bulldog winner. How am I and others of your loyal kingdom supposed to comment on a subject we know nothing about. I know in your mind this all means something, but I have no idea how to comment or make comparisons or any other remarks about this blog. Love ya, but you need to clarify.....

4:19 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

British Bulldog ~ you mean that game that is soooooooo dangerous it's now banned in British schools!! That British bulldog? And what are cooties? And how do you know we got them?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has no idea what "British Bulldog" is.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Organic Gardening Girl Gardens said...

Oh, yeah, boys have cooties. How could you even doubt it?? Remember, Girls rule, Boys drool. :)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home