Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Note on Rose Hills

The WilkeWorld family has one less member this week as Grandma Lila Mae Evans Hamren Laird passed away on February 21, 2006. Her service was held yesterday at the Rose Hills Cemetary in Whittier, California.

A few words that I feel like stating at this time. My Grandmother was a very unique and exceptional woman. She was uncompromising when it came to her conviction, and she was relentless with her enthusiasm for almost everything that she ever did. She will be missed but not easily forgotten. Her legacy is one of love, devotion, and energy that we, her family, will remember forever.

We miss you, Grandma.

On a related note, the Teenager got a monkey pillow from Grandma Lila (before her passing) and she named it Mister MacGregor. She was appropriately delighted.

What will be your legacy?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

K - Sorry to hear about your Grandma Lila. She sounds like a remarkable woman. Hopefully you will get to see her again in the eternities.

Your little Touchdown sure does pick some weird friends. What is going to happen if she looses her sequin? I can just see the theaterics.....

Back to my taxes.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. All my best wishes go out to you and your family.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your grandma died. :-( Perhaps a few bottlerockets are in order? Or, I still have one more red balloon left.....

My legacy? Hmmmm, lip balm. I want the world to share in my love for lip balm.

7:48 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Sorry about your Grandmother. She sounds like a fine woman.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. She sounds like a fantastic woman.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for coming by to my blog for a visit. Yes, I'm in Whittier, too and both my boys were born at Pres as well. I was raised in Norwalk but moved to Whittier when I was 18 and never left. My husband was born and raised here and we both decided to stay here because we love it. All of my deceased relatives are at Rose Hills as well. All in one very large area! How nice to talk to another Whittier native!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home