Saturday, November 19, 2005

A List of Things to Be Thankful For

This past week, the Wizard had a little health scare that got me thinking about the season and all that it represents. Not to diminish those thoughts or anything, but I thought I should like to present a list of things I'm thankful for that you might not normally think of.

Feel free to add to the list in the comments should you feel the need.

Things I'm thankful for:

1. Toilet paper (for obvious reasons)
2. Carseats (because you can throw your kid in one and they fall to sleep immediately)
3. Dog, Bounty Hunter (he brings a smile to my wife's face like no other)
4. Hot Pockets (they're quick and easy and taste pretty good)
5. Zippers (what would things be like if we still had button-fly 501s)
6. An ice-maker on my fridge (again, for obvious reasons)
7. Jack-in-the-Box antenna balls (they make me smile)
8. Bobbers (inside joke)
9. Other fat people (its nice to know you're not alone)
10. UFO's
11. Microwave ovens
12. Infant slobber (its like Space Invaders trying to avoid it as it drips from Indy's lips)
13. Cuba (its nice to have an enemy that doesn't want to blow you up)
14. The Sound of Music (you gotta love Leisel)
15. Door stops (the kind that are springy and sound cool when you flick them)
16. Binkies (for obvious reasons)
17. Mailbox flags
18. The number 88 (don't know why)
19. Pen Caps (I'm a chewer)
20. The little signs they put in steaks to let you know how done the steak is (how else would you know)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Wife, 2. 5 children, 3. 14 Grand Children, 4. Lovenox 5. Warfarin 6. Dr. Madsen, 7. Ultra Sound equip. 8. Breath, 9. Peach Shake, 10. Snickers 11. Cashews,
12. and most importantly Christ

I'm fine, might have to cut out 9,10,11 so sad.........

8:33 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

The number 88???

Grandpa, I hope you are feeling better!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Sending good wishes to the Wizard ~ look after yourself!

I would add lots to the list ~ starting with
The coating they put on KFC.
A duckdown duvet ... there's nothing quite like it.
Crisp winter mornings.
Children's "aw and wonder" moments.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Grandpa, You better take care of yourself...Hope you are feeling better.

Things I am grateful for:
1) my husband, 2) 3 children, 3) 2 grandchildren, 4) roof over my head, 5)good friends that make me laugh and let me cry, 6) good health, 7) the love of my brother and 2 sisters, 8) the church, my Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ, 9)my life, 10)the song, Because I have been given much, (it makes me cry every time we sing it at church) 11) Chicken tenders with ranch dressing, 12) love for my country. I have so much to be thankful for that I will just have to write my own blog on this one early next week.
Ps. Thankful for all my blogging friends.

Hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving. K, don't worry about the diet on Thursday.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Lucy, sang it twice yesterday, cried both times.

6:25 AM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Been away but I'm back reading your recent posts.

I'm thankful we don't have those remote-controlled chomping alligators here in Florida... Although... Is there a place I can order one?

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving. You reminded me of a lot to be thankfulk for. Thanks for that.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter-in-law is so sly.Her father and I take turns tending the children on Tuesday afternoons. Her father has missed several times, and is scheduled to tend tomorrow, but he is not going to be able to. Out of the kindness of my heart, I offered to help. She was polite and indicated that she was going to be okay. Then it dawned on me that she was a little nervous having me tend, for fear that I would have another clot knock me out of commission while I was tending her children. I didn't even think of that, now that she has mentioned it I get a little nervous driving around town. When I die I want to sit down and ask God, if there isn't a better way to leave this earth without getting old. I am thankful for her good judgement.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Grandpa...You are not dead yet! I'll bet that the doctor put you on an asprine a day or some kind of blood thinner. You won't be kicking the bucket any time soon..I would trust you with my grandkids....Give yourself a little more credit than that.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home