Monday, November 21, 2005

A Note on Spicios

"Spicios" is the three-year-old word for pistachios and apparently they are the panacea for all that ails you in this world.

Touchdown woke up today with an imaginary stomach ache that was brought on by the attention Baby Indy received due to his real upset stomach. Well, the King has a stash of pistachios that he brings out every once in a while on special occasions and this morning he brought them out.

Next thing he knows, Touchdown has her paws all over the King's "spicios". I remind her of her painful tummy ache hoping to thwart her advances on the delectable delights only to have her respond with the following.

"Daddy, I'm all better. The 'spicios' cured me."

On an entirely different subject, Touchdown is freaking us all out with her imagination. It is creepy at times. Coming home from my brother's house last night she came up with the following observation.

"Daddy, stop. I hear somebody. They're calling out to me and they need help. Stop the car so I can help them."

Now, either she is Spidergirl or Batgirl, or she is seriously omniscent. She hears things and wants to help people in the middle of the night? Spooky.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Whoa. That is a pretty creepy comment for her to make. *shivers* Maybe she saw something like that on television or something. Bizarre! I think you're ok as long as she doesn't whisper, "I see dead people". ;-)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want to know, is, did you stop?

12:51 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

What a wonderful heart she has wanting to stop and help.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

She hasn't said, "I see dead people" has she?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Hey Mr Jones, just wanted to say hope you and all of yours have a great Thanksgiving weekend! And for us Welsh readers ... what doesn pumpkin pie taste like?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

K, Glad you found the cure for her tummy ache. Seems to me that would have stirred things up more. I did really good with Thanksgiving dinner until, later in the evening, I drank some egg nog and it nearly killed me. I didn't sleep well at all. Word of warning, don't drink egg nog on top of turkey...

Touchdown...She is either clammoring for attention OR you have a little "medium" on your hands.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

so how is your word count? I need to find that link to your novel .....

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home