Friday, November 11, 2005

A Note on Vocabulary

So the Wizard took little three-year-old Touchdown today and fell for the "I want a blueberry shake, Grandpa" trick. For those of you who don't know this trick, its effectiveness hinges on the fact that she despises, in a very real and palpable way, blueberries. Hence the trick is that the Wizard is out $2.00 and Touchdown is still hungry. Now I have to say that I was not aware that Touchdown had not been fed by The Wife at the time of the taking, so when I get accused of malnourishing my child, I have that excuse.

The taking was due to the fact that Touchdown and the King had a rough morning before the King had to go to work. The Wizard found out about the rough morning and quizzed Touchdown about it.

The Wizard--"Touchdown, I heard you and your daddy had a little fight today."
Touchdown--"No, Grandpa, it wasn't really a fight, it was more of a misunderstanding."

Since when do three-year-olds know the word "misunderstanding"?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My O My, King when will you ever learn. What is two dollars when you are endearing yourself to a 3 year old. The Wizard would have paid much more than that to have such an experience with her. I still don't believe you folks realize what an exceptional child you have on your hands. When she answered me,"No grandpa it wasn't really a fight, It was more of a misunderstanding", I laughed, and laughed and laughed. When I was in my twenties I paid $30 to listen to Red Skelton and never laughed like that. My experience with your family didn't end there, I had the priviledge of picking up the teenager from swimming, and listening to her tell of her pine-wood derby experience. You could have charged me for the experiences that I had yesterday. So I believe I came out the best. The Wizard rules supreme.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I can believe it! When Bonnie was in kindergarten, she gave an equally unbelievable answer to a simple question. She was in music class and the teacher was playing some music for the students. She asked the class what that was that she was playing. Bonnie raised her had and said, "that's Rachmaninoff". The teacher was looking for the word, music. She was absolutely floored and after class the teacher called up and told me the story.

From the time Bonnie was in the womb, we would play classical music for her. When she was a tot, her dad would play the music and tell her who it was that was playing it. I guess she was listening.. To this day Bonnie loves classical music. She also loves the Dave Mathews Band, which I can't stand.

Tell Grandpa if he is paying for Blueberry shakes, I want one.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Shaleen said...

Mmmm, milkshakes... If the Wizard is buying, I'd like one too...but make mine chocolate cherry instead of blueberry. ;-)

As for kids saying the funniest things, my niece is two and I swear I am in awe of some of the things she's able to do and say. They're so much fun at this age!!!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home