Friday, March 11, 2005

A Note on Anniversaries

My mother and father celebrated their 37th big anniversary this week, and, like the good son I am, I totally forgot it and didn't even call. So, in this blog entry, I would like to officially apologize and tell them how proud I am of them and how much I love my parents. They are two of the best people I know and the fact that they have hung in there together for so long is a real compliment to them.

My family had the opportunity last year to spend nearly 7 months with my folks as we were waiting for houses to sell and the like, and in that time, we grew to really appreciate their hospitality and charm. My daughters adore Grandpa and Grandma and even my wife says nice things about her in-laws.

Mom, Dad, I love you. By the way, the canasta game starts at 6:00 p.m. next Sunday. Bring your A game.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Staying married for any length of time deserves admitted applause, but thankfully in this case there was no "sticking it out". To live together that long and look forward to another 37 years is the secret--find it out for yourself.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that the true test of a good marriage is the ability to learn the heart of the other person. If you learn their heart and you make decisions accordingly you will make better decisions, gain a better appreciation for them and your enjoyment will be enhanced. You seem to make sarcastic remarks about your loved one. Be careful, they can injure and I am sure that is not what is intended most of the time.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Believe me, anonymous, the sarcasm that I employ in this blog is carefully monitored by my loved one and I would never do anything to risk that relationship. I appreciate your interest in my comments and hope that you will continue to keep me in check.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home