Monday, February 12, 2007

A Note on February

Wow! It's been awhile since I have written and I have to catch up. Here is a quick list of events in our family.

1. The Wife and I went to see Howard Jones in an acoustic concert. He was phenomenal. Really! I haven't had so much fun in a long time. It was quite comical that every 30-something in Southern Utah was at the concert. We must have exhausted the babysitter pool in three counties.

2. Speaking of pools...the Teenager again made the State Swimming Meet in the 200 IM and the 100 Back. She went to Provo and swam beautifully getting 13th and 14th respectively. We are very pleased.

3. Kid Indy is a total terror. The Queen has now bungee-corded all of the kitchen chairs to the table to prevent him from total destruction.

4. Touchdown is doing fine. She is still a little manipulator of nearly everyone and is (as I speak) stealing colored paper for a project.

5. I am busy with my job. Just this past week I went to the Arizona Strip south of Fredonia and found a Bajada and a San Jose projectile point. Cool stuff for sure.

6. The Queen is busy planning our Spring Break trip to Palm Springs and seems all too happy about it. She is just anxious to be off for a full week and I can hardly blame her.

7. We are very blessed.

8. Grandpa Jones went to the hospital again because of his blood clot and they put him back on blood thinners. He is doing better.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandpa is sick????? I hope you feel better.

I'm not doing anything for spring break, and Palm Springs sounds really nice! Is there room for 3 more?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

WE've missed you and grandpa.... I hope he is doing better. The kids sound like typical kids. So glad the teenage is doing well with her swimming. I like the idea about the bungee cords, I'll have to tell my daughter about it. Our granddaughter is into tearing up the blinds in the kitchen and Jennifer is going to have to replace them when she moves out...Glad to hear from you again....Tell Grandpa we are thinking about him.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Lucy, Thanks for the vote of confidence with the bungee cords, everyone else keeps telling me about a SuperNanny episode on a few weeks ago where they did the same thing and she told them how wrong they were and to teach the kids it is wrong to mess with teh chairs. Maybe I need SuperNanny, but I can't figure out how to teach a strong willed almost 22 month old not to push the kitchen chairs around and use them to climb on the counters and open all of the cupboards. I was at my witts end one day and this seemed the best solution.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Hey my brother and his wife have had the cupboard doors in the kitchen and the dining room bungee'd closed for the last 12 years! Now that nephew #5 is nearly 2 they reckon they have only another year and they can finally take them off! At least if they can climb they generally bounce reasonably well. Give our best wishes to Grandpa and if Simon and I pack now we could come to Palm Springs too!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I was wondering how y'all were doing! Glad you posted...

We need a giant bungee for the fridge. Our little boy is opening it all the time!!! We put locks on our upper cabinets too, for the same reason you have bungeed your chairs!

Sounds like y'all are very busy!

Keep us posted on your Dad's health...

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all will well with your family, I hope that the Wizard is feeling better, it is nice to hear from you after a long while.

I just want to call you attention to an invitation over at my Gazelem blog. I hope that you will join.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to play catch up with you.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home