Friday, January 05, 2007

A List from the Holidays

The following is a list of holiday happenings here in WilkeWorld. Enjoy.

1. My niece, Dora, and little Touchdown asked my nephew, Marty, what color the orange sign was. He replied that it was orange. They informed him that he was wrong. The real color of the sign was "Selma". At 3, he was mightily confused and much crying ensued. Dora and Touchdown still insist it was "Selma".

2. My mother recieved a digital camera and a memory card for Christmas from us, her children. Upon seeing the memory card she asked my sister, "What is this? The film?" Welcome to the 21st Century, Mom.

3. My niece, Dora, recieved Baby Alive from Santa and it proceeded to poop and pee all day long. There was much crying when she discovered that a baby was a lot of work and not at all like it said on the commercials. I remember that feeling.

4. The Wizard, my brother, Jedora, my brother-in-law, Bernie (I think that name is funny so I'll use it here) and I all lost our hearing when we went to the shooting range and fired off a series of rounds using an assault rifle called an M-4 (or an AR-15). Yeah, the King is now more than equipped to defend his kingdom.

5. The King didn't blog and I'm very sorry.

6. The King and the Queen got Howard Jones tickets for Christmas. The 80s rock!!

7. The King went undefeated at Canasta and winless at Acquire.

8. Lil Indy can destroy Christmas in a heartbeat.

9. The Court Jester (AKA the Brother-in-Law) took my Father-in-Law to the Rose Bowl. Kudos to him. I, too, like football by the way.

10. The New Year was rung in with a big kiss for the Queen. (BTW-Marty, my little nephew, was quite distraught when he got no toast at midnight. He was told there would be toast at midnight and all he got was sparkling cider.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Ha ha ha! Sounds like the holidays were great! Yay to Howard Jones (a relation of yours?) ;-) I saw him about 8 years ago in a small club setting. So fun.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Good to see you back Mr Jones! Happy New Year ... or as you're off to see the other Mr Jones *coughs to clear throat* Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i ti ac dy teulu!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

An assault rifle??!!

Love Howard Jones... let us know how the concert is!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the Ho Jo. Wish I could go with you.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Bonnie was home and we had a group of YSA's over (about 13) "toasting" in the New Year with Sparking Cider too.....I hit the bed about 12:30 am. and slept thru the rest of it.

Sounds like you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.....

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adipex online


soma online



phentermine pill


cheap valium

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

digital video camera


panasonic digital camera software



camera casio digital slim


digital camera sale

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home