Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Note on the WilkeWorld Book

Over the last several weeks, I have been compiling and editing all of my blog posts for the first year with the intention of publishing a Best of WilkeWorld book. Well, I did it. Now before you all accuse me of selling out to the POD world and before you all accuse me of self-aggrandizement, let me just say that the whole intention behind the publishing of this book was so that I can keep a copy of it for my grandchildren.

It isn't to make money on, or even to see my name on the spine of a book, but rather it was to preserve this year of my life on something other than blogger. I had only to pay a measly $16.07 to have it published, and have one copy sent out to me so that I could edit it. I do not encourage any of you to buy said book, but if you do for some reason want a copy of it, don't buy it until I have a copy of it in my hand and I can vouch for its quality. That should occur in the next 3 to 5 business days.

However, should you want to check it out please click here. You can also click on the link in my blog roll. It was a lot of fun and I would encourage any of you that want to bind a journal or print up a family history to do so at lulu.com. It was very easy to do all of it.

Again, wait and see how it turned out when I get the proof copy.

13 Comments:

Blogger Olyal said...

What a fantastic idea!! Hope the book is all that you expect it to be. I'm sure it will be treasured by future generations.
Michele sent me.

10:27 PM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

what a great idea....

BTW, i'd be happy to come over and try to convince your wife about the big screen... my powers have been known to work on women in the past. ;)

thanks for dropping by my place.

11:52 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

I've been very pleased with the Lulu press books I've seen. Hope you like yours.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

K - Please tell your mom to go to the vitamin store and buy some Olive Leaf Extract - 500 mg. I have never seen anything that knocks out congestion than this. I have told several friends about it and they reported back that it worked great. While he is still hacking up a lung, tell Grandpa to take 2 tablest at least three times a day. When he gets better he can go down to 1 tablet three times a day till he is well.

TF has been taking one tablet a day all winter and he (knock on wood) hasn't had a cold all winter. That in itself is a miracle.

Sorry to hear that Grandpa has been so sick and that you have been in a funk too. Hope you all get better. Let me know how the Olive Leaf works. Good luck!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Very interesting concept!

Here via Michele.

4:49 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I think that is so cool. I believe you've inspired many readers here to do the same.

Can't wait to see the final result.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you still going to remember the little people (us fellow bloggers) when your rich and famous?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

How cool is that? It looks so professional . . .now I'm sorely tempted to do my own.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

What a fantastic idea. Even if people don't buy it, you have a hard copy of your thoughts for yourself and for your kids later on. I've thought about printing all my blogger pages for myself. What's this I see? You've revealed your REAL name for all of us? ;-)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think that's a wonderful thing to do, and I've thought of doing it myself, but haven't because I'm too lazy to cut and paste a years worth of posts. How long did it take you?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Silverboh said...

The question I have is, did you add our comments to it? Your intro says that what you got was a community, but that won't really show unless you add those comments. But I know that that is a lot of work. I had a similar idea, but didn't put it to book form, just try to keep a copy offline on my computer.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Silver, I thought about it, I really did, but I'd have to get permission from each one of you to do that. Believe me, that is what I really wanted to do, but it was just too overwhelming. I may attempt something like that in the future, though.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

That is such a cool idea!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home