Thursday, October 27, 2005

A List of the Unknown

Well, this is my 199th post leading up to the big 200 in the next few days. As some of you will recall from my 100th post, I did the 100 things about me based on my first 100 posts. For today's 199th post I should like to revisit that idea but this time, I'd like to reveal 20 things that you will not have known about me just by reading my blog. I hope this will be enlightening.

1. I know a hint of Japanese, enough to say, "My, you look fat today."
2. I had a crush on my first grade teacher, Miss Murphy.
3. Both of my brothers speak Spanish as well as I do, although my brother, Dave, speaks with an annoying Castilian lisp.
4. I can eat my food faster than you can. It is freaky really, but I have always been a ridiculously fast eater.
5. My brother's wife got locked in the bathroom on her wedding night and they couldn't get her out for awhile.
6. My brother-in-law has interviewed twice to be on the White House's legal staff.
7. I am a cheapskate. (Okay, so you may have been aware of that based on my blog, but I have never explicitly explained the depth of the cheapness. Here I will only say "very deep")
8. I was afraid of a monster in my closet when I grew up.
9. I always considered myself a city kid even though I grew up in a town of 5,000 residents.
10. I was once held at gunpoint by a drunk policeman for over two hours while in Paraguay.
11. I am a direct descendant of William Bradford of Mayflower fame.
12. I have seen the Atlantic Ocean only twice (once in North America near St. Augustine, Florida and once in South America off Copacabana Beach in Rio)
13. I got a 30 on my ACT with a 36 in Math and a 24 in English and yet I aspire to be a writer. Go figure.
14. I have more hair than either of my two brothers.
15. I know Italian women's shoe sizes.
16. My Grandmother sent me a dollar for Valentine's Day when I was in college.
17. I once saved a kid from drowning in the Snake River.
18. I could drive legally when I was 14 years old. Again, you might have divined that from the fact that I am an Idahoan, but it still freaks out the Teenager.
19. I have stuck with this relationship with my blog longer than almost any other relationship in my life.
20. My kids are total angels today.

Okay, so there is one statement that is not true. See if you can guess what it is. Hint: #14 is in jeopardy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am also a direct decendant of the Mayflower. I'm pretty sure his name was Moses Gletcher. (Whew! That was close. We aren't related.)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

#20? Hence the hair thing being in jeopardy??

2:18 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I'm going for 19 . . .Somehow I think you've stuck with a relationship longer than 8 months . . .

My personal favorite on your list is #16. Did you buy a candy bar with it or put it in your piggybank?

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first thought of #14, but then I thought this might be a trick question. If you are talking about on the head, you are wrong, if you are talking about the body as a whole you are correct. Then I was thinking of #20, even though I think they are angels 24/7 I know that they can erupt at any time and I don't think you would say they have been good all day.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Chatty said...

OK, I love your blog. So glad Michele sent me.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sarie said...

Hello found you via Michele's M&G

7:57 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

Thanks for coming to see me. Wasn't sure which blog to chose to comment on!!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I suspect the hair on top of the head is probably less than your brothers...You are the older child in the family aren't you?

Congradulations on your blogging..Glad the kids are Angels today...wait till tomorrow.

Have fun at the trunk-r-treat!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I challange you to an eat off. I can talk twice as much as the other people at the table, and still finish before all of them. What can I say. I've got good genes.

But my guess for not true is #13. Isn't a 36 a perfect score?

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home