Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Note on the Cavernous Dungeon

Well, here at the castle, I have been banished to the cavernous dungeon. I am deep in writing mode what with the NaNoWriMo thing and I am trying like the dickens to avoid any semblance of responsibility here at the castle, so I have banished myself. Unfortunately, the kids are smarter than me and I constantly have them unlocking the dungeon and finding me. It is totally infuriating.

For a little update, I am a little over 3000 words which puts me on schedule, at least so far. I am slightly unimpressed with my effort thus far, however. I am usually such a fastidious editor that I find it difficult to write fast and have it be the kind of work I can be proud of. I guess that is the goal, though. Just to write and write and write. Editing is for later.

As for some of you, I noticed that you are writing in first person POV. I wish I had done that as well. This third-person malarky is very constricting. Anyway, I just thought I should keep you all informed. Thanks for your patience.

9 Comments:

Blogger Organic Gardening Girl Gardens said...

I started out in 3d person, then switched. For fast writing, first person usually is better for me. I, too, have almost 3000 wds. As for being impressed with my writing, yeah, right! I mean, write!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K....just a thought, if you are a stay at home dad, and the purpose of this is to tend the children while the wife works. How can you justify, locking yourself up in a room and working on your novel, and letting the children fend for themselves. Just a question, maybe it should of been asked in your 200th blog blog. Not trying to stir up trouble, but I will advocate for the children........

3:08 PM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Funny you should mention that Grandpa. Today as I emerged from the office after a hard days work. I was greeted with an interesting sight. Dear sweet Touchdown was sitting at the table coloring a balloon with a green marker. Well, most of us are aware that marker does not stick to a balloon, nor does it dry, and rubs off on everything it touches. Thus allowing you to re-color the balloon, and so the cycle continues. Not that I am complaining that she ruined her outfit, it might have actually improved the salmon colored sweatpants with the purple shirt (on backwards) and the black gogo boots (no socks). It was actually the green fingerprints on her brother that had me the most worried. Now you know what children do when their father locks himself in the dungeon.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think you are so brave for writing in the 3rd person. I don't think I could have pulled it off. I haven't a clue what goes on in a room amongst people when I'm not there. How are you doing it?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

oh, and 9048 words as of about 5 minutes ago.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Good luck, K! Write on...

11:54 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

K, Lock yourself in the dungeon at night when everyone else is asleep. You can then concentrate on your writing and not have to worry what Touchdown and baby are doing in the castle. If you have ideas during the day, write them on note paper. Is it too late for you to change to the first person?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I don't know how you are doing this either. I'm working on a novel, and I'm lucky if I can get a chapter done in 2 weeks . . .sigh . . .but hopefully you'll have a great draft to work with when you are done.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans tax

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home