Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Note on Vegas

Whew!!!!

I have been out of town for the last several days on a family vacation just down the road to Las Vegas so I apologize for the lack of posts this week. I am hoping the citizens will forgive the King. All of this being said, I have a little ditty about Touchdown that occurred on our trip.

We live just 90 minutes from Las Vegas and we have gone for day trips a few times and the last time we went (maybe four months ago) we took Touchdown to see the dolphins at the Mirage. This trip we mentioned that we would be going to Las Vegas and Touchdown started in about the dolphins.

"Daddy are we to Las Vegas?"
"Yes, Touchdown, this is Las Vegas."
"But, Daddy, I don't see any dolphins."
"Honey, we aren't going to see the dolphins this trip."
"But aren't we going to Las Vegas?"
"Yes."
"Then where are the dolphins?"
"At the Mirage, honey."
"I don't want to go to the Mirage, I want to go to Las Vegas to see the dolphins."

Well, I wasn't about to spent another $80 for the family to see the dolphins for ten minutes again, so I took her to Caesars Forum Shops and showed her the fish tank there.

"But Daddy, there are no dolphins in there."
"Just keep looking Touchdown. They've got to be there somewhere."

It was a long trip.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Smart little girl. Maybe you could tell her that when she is potty trained you will take her to see the Dolphins..A little bribery never hurt. Tell her she has to be potty trained for at least a month before you take her. If she does it then you will have to follow thru or she will never believe you again....

11:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh yes, the circular logic of a child. I've had those conversations myself. Did she find one?

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked to hear of the deceit and trickery that good women use to teach their children. Lobsters eat the dolphins, my,my,my. I wonder what other items of misinformation mothers have used over the years to placate their children. Now I am suspect as to what I was taught as a young person. I could believe it of a dad, but a mother. What if you tell her the truth? Would that be so bad? Tell her that you can not afford another $80. One lie leads to another and so you set in motion one more strand of lies that she will tell her children, and on and on. Stop the deception now.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was sooo cute!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm... Mahi Mahi (aka Dolphin). Now I am hungry.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better Safe Than Sorry, I am not sure how the food chain works with dolphins and lobsters etc. My concern is how quickly a nurturing Mother would tell her child, oh the lobsters ate them, just to get from taking the child, paying $80 and going to the real place and see the real dolphins again. Better Safe Than Sorry, I have a deep respect for you and I in no way want to incur the wrath of you in my posts. If you want to tell your child the lobster ate them, I support that immediately. You can do no wrong in my eyes. Have a good day.....but I do believe that Christmas, and Easter are coming and good luck explaining them to your children.......

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home