Friday, July 08, 2005

A Note on the Whirlwind

My wife and I and the kids decided on the spur of the moment to make a one day trip to Capitol Reef National Park to visit a friend of ours in Torrey.

Here are a few of the highlights of this little excursion.

Three hour trip quickly turns into five hour trip when potty stops and drink breaks are factored in.
Oh, there might have been a few pictures taken of my post offices which added to the delays (I wound up snagging photos of Circleville, Kingston, Antimony, Koosharem, and Teasdale to add to my collection).
The wife conveniently had to tend the baby when we were approached to hike a few miles up to Hickman Bridge.
Dad hauls Touchdown the entire way to Hickman Bridge on his shoulders.
Dad hopes Touchdown didn't experience a potty break while on this excursion.
Teenager and Touchdown want to go swimming in local pool.
The wife has to conveniently tend the baby.
Dad swims as long as Touchdown and Teenager want.
Dad takes Baby Indy in for a dip in the pool.
Baby Indy has total fit.
The wife gives Dad stink eye.
Mosquitoes invade picnic.
Touchdown stays up all night long telling stories of her imaginary pets.
Everyone else stays up listening to Touchdown stories against their will.
Equally long trip back today.

Well, that about sums it up. More regular posting later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Yesterday I had to 'have a talk' with a patch of grass in the yard that scratched the 4 yr old's leg. I've definiately been there done that with the imaginary pet stories.

9:24 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Wish I was there! (not)

As to my post, since you asked: Guy and Madeline. As to unique traits: well, see, the word unique threw me. I have a lot of traits, but none I think are unique. LOL

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home