Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A Note of Retraction

My wife wanted me to post this yesterday, but I had to let my previous post run its course. Apparently my wife is not losing it entirely. We found this out when we discovered that Touchdown actually had two, count them, two separate toenails that are falling off. She was not delusional after all.

I retract my previous statement in all of its glory, but wait, I think I will continue with a post on the very forgetfulness I pointed out with the previous post. After all, she is still losing it. The evidence:

1. While making Lemon Chicken and Rice, the wife totally forgot to put in the lemon juice, hence we almost had just Chicken and Rice.

2. While leaving the house yesterday to go to Grandma and Grandpa Jones' 4th of July shindig, the wife totally forgot the Doritos and the cucumbers she was asked to bring.

3. The wife, in doing a favor to my mother, promised to bring a pound of ground beef to their house last week so my mom wouldn't have to go to the store. She defrosted it and set it out, but ultimately left it sitting in the fridge chilling.

4. The wife after promising to give me a back rub for our anniversary just totally forgot and I got bupkis for the big day.

Okay that last one was totally made up, but as much as she is forgetting stuff, I thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe she will be gullible enough to feel guilty and give me a back rub. Shhhhh. Don't anybody say anything.

8 Comments:

Blogger Hot Mom said...

Thank you Marie, I could write my own blog. "K Jones you are driving me crazy...and the leading cause of memeory loss"

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually chose my battles carefully, but I think the forgetfulness of "The Wife" is not at all associated with the birth of touchdown. "The Wife" is on countdown, having her daughter arriving back from a 6 week visit with her father. "The Wife" was having all sorts of feelings on the 4th. none of which are understandable unless you are waiting for a child to return home. Good luck "The Wife" just remember which airline she arrives at in Vegas.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Alright now, just how old is "the wife"? ( I think it is time for a name for this wife, I would be offended being called, "the Wife") all the time.
My daughter is always forgetting things, like the car keys, the cell phone, her head. Let's get these women some Ginko and a pen & note card. Works for me, though I can now claim pre Altimers.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh. My. Good. Lord.

You better have a good supply of allen wrenches Jones, you are going to need them once The Wife reads your post. You can't write a Note about your spouses forgetfulness! Have you lost your mind?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Fei said...

Haha. Ginko. I had an aunt who was taking that once, until the day that she forgot whether she had taken her ginko yet.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have lost it now Tom Jones!!
it's time for the wife to get her own blog...

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can't say anything nice ...

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should talk with my husband. I drive him crazy forgetting just about everything! Nice try with the back rub!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home